Parents are provided with the following:
- Letter from the DRE explaining the Family Life/Human Sexuality program and why we are implementing it in our parish
- A Family Life text and Parent Supplement (Benziger Publishing) Written in conformity with the “Catechism of the Catholic Church”, “The Truth and Meaning of Human Sexuality” and “The Gospel of Life”. “Family Life Parent Connection” – Provided for parents only.
- Child Protection Enhancement (per grade level). This is provided by the Archdiocese with the belief that the texts have a few holes. The texts were not updated after the sex abuse scandals came to light in the last 6 years or so. Abuse by clergy, sports coaches, teachers, and others have awakened each of us to protect our children. And rightly so! Please recognize that this enhancement is for you, the parent or guardian. It should not be placed in the child’s hands.
- Developmental Needs and Characteristics Summary (per grade/age level) Looking at the Learner
- Scope and Sequence Chart provides an overview of the topics covered on all levels. (available in the office)