- Proceeds to benefit the Youth of St. John the Evangelist and the communities that they serve. Check out "Youth in Action" below to read more about the good works our youth are doing!
THANK YOU for your support!!
Youth In Action
Proceeds from the 19th Annual St. John's Golf Classic will benefit the Youth of our Parish as well as the greater communities that they serve.
St. John the Evangelist School
- Supports the reinvigorated funding of the Bonner Fund to make Catholic education affordable to those needy families both in the parish and those outside our traditional boundaries
- Support of technology by funding the apps and training on iPads for teachers.
- Our School students regularly participate in service projects and other acts of Christian charity. Food drives are organized to further support the local outreach ministry, St. Vincent de Paul.
- Towels, baby items, toiletries and other items are collected to benefit the homeless and less fortunate in our own Anne Arundel County community, in Baltimore City and even as far away as our sister school and parish in Jamaica.
- The School raises money each year to donate to the Missionary Childhood Association which help to meets the basic needs (food, water, medicine) of impoverished children around the world
- Learn more about our Blue Ribbon School at www.stjohnsp.org/school
Religious Education and Faith Formation
- Funds are used to reduce or waive costs so that needy families can attend Religious Education classes or participate in Sacramental preparation.
- Support special needs students with the purchase of the extra educational tools and materials.
- The students of Religious Education are involved in collecting donations for:
- the St. Vincent de Paul food pantry to support residents in our local community,
- Sarah's House: a supportive housing program, offering emergency and transitional housing with an array of other services for homeless families in Anne Arundel County,
- CRS RiceBowl, which supports argricultural, water/sanitation and microfinance around the world (75%) and meeting other needs within our Baltimore Archdiocese (25%)
- Domestic Mission Trips (formerly "Workcamp") to communities in need. This summer our teens will head to Nashville for a week of serving the less fortunate including home repairs and serving the homeless. Learn more about Youth Ministry on their website http://stjohnspyouthministry.weebly.com/