Stations of the Cross
- Fridays in Lent: 2 PM and 6:15 PM (with Benediction)
- Friday, April 12: 7 PM Meditative Stations of the Cross
- Good Friday, April 19: Noon (Children’s) & 3 PM (Traditional)
Eucharistic Adoration (takes place in the Oratory, unless there is a service in church)
- Fridays in Lent – 9 AM – 7 PM Closes with Stations and Benediction at 6:15 PM
Sacrament of Reconciliation / Confessions:
- Wednesdays in Lent at 9 AM
- Fridays in Lent at 9 AM and 7 PM
- Saturdays from 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM
- Monday, April 8 from 3:30 – 4:30 PM and 6:30-7:30 PM
- Holy Week:
- Tuesday, April 16 at 9 AM and 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 17 at 9 AM and 6:30 PM
- Holy Thursday, April 18 at 9 AM
- Good Friday, April 19 at 9 AM and 12:45-2:30 PM
Blessing of Easter Food
- Holy Saturday, April 20 at 9 AM
Holy Week Schedule
Click here to see the full schedule for Holy Week
Fasting and Abstinence
The Season of Lent affords us the opportunity to engage in preparation for the celebration of the Lord’s Resurrection at Easter by engaging in works of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. The discipline of fasting, that is, “giving up,” allows us to turn our attention from creature comforts and focus on these more spiritual works that lead us to closer union with God and neighbor.
The discipline of abstinence means that one abstains from eating meat and all meat products, including fowl, on Ash Wednesday and all the Fridays of Lent. This applies to persons aged 14 and above. Fridays outside of Lent remains days of penance, but each individual may substitute another penance for the traditional abstinance from meat.
The Lenten Season begins on Ash Wednesday, March 6. This is a day of fasting and abstinence, meaning that all those aged 14 and above abstain from meat and those 18-59 years of age should also fast, meaning limiting food intake to one full meal and two smaller meals (and no snacking between meals).
We are doing something a little different this year. We will have Masses, with simple music, at 8:30 AM & 6:30 PM. Throughout the day prayer services will he held “every hour on the half hour” in church that will last about 15 minutes and include the imposition of ashes:
6:30, 7:30, 8:30 (Mass), 9:30, 10:30, 11:30 AM;
12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 (Mass), & 7:30 PM.
Also, the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed in the Oratory throughout the day from 6:30 AM until 7:30 PM.
Priests will be available to hear confessions at special times throughout the day as well:
- 9:30-10:15 AM;
- 11:30 AM-12:15 PM;
- 4:30-5:15 PM;
- 7:30-8:15 PM