St. John’s hosts approximately 40 homeless individuals the week between Christmas and New Years, providing a warm place to sleep, a couple of hot meals each day, as well as companionship and entertainment. You can help by making a donation below, preparing and serving meals, providing entertainment, or to making a gift to the poor box December 1-2.
- Poor box supports Winter Relief
- Volunteer sign ups after Masses
- Material donations accepted at the Parish Center
- Brian Boru Night – Make a reservation and dine at Brian Boru on Dec. 13; mention St. John’s Winter relief and we receive $10 for every dinner sold!
Volunteer Your Time
- Sign up in the Gathering Space Dec. 1-2 to serve Dec 26-Jan 2
Contact the following people for more info:
- Evening Hosting – Jim Menendez, 240-731-5439, email@example.com
- Food Prep and Service
- Laundry Service – Sue Garreis firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-867-8248
- Entertainment/Activities – Drew Dowling email@example.com, 410-647-6492
- Transportation/Logistics – Gary Dinsick, 703-675-4006, firstname.lastname@example.org