St. John the Evangelist hosts approximately 30 homeless individuals the week between Christmas and New Years, providing a warm place to sleep, a couple of hot meals each day, as well as companionship and entertainment. You can help by making a donation (see below), preparing and serving meals, providing entertainment, or placing a gift in the Poor Box on Dec. 14 – 15.
Dec. 1 – 15
- Material donations accepted at the Parish Center.
- Brian Boru Night – Make a reservation and dine at Brian Boru on Dec. 11; mention St. John Winter Relief and we receive $10 for every dinner sold!
Dec. 14 – 15
- Contribute to the Poor Box.
Volunteer Your Time
Contact the following people for more info:
- Evening Hosting – Jim Menendez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 240-731-5439.
- Food Prep and Service
- Breakfast – Dona Kennedy, email@example.com, 410-975-8367.
- Dinner – Bev Svehlak, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-897-7226.
- Laundry Service – Karen Remencus, email@example.com, 443-852-0333.
- Entertainment/Activities – Drew Dowling, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-647-6492.
- Transportation/Logistics – Gary Dinsick, email@example.com, 703-675-4006.